DISCLAIMER: This is educational and for personal test and use only. We do not sell any softwares, everything is/was already/previously available on internet.
To install macOS in VMware you need VMware workstation (paid) or VMware player (free), macOS Catalina for VMware and VMware unlocker ( to enable the macOS option in VMware).
Files you need:
- Get VMware player ( Click on green download button )
- Get macOS Catalina (Click Here to download )
- Get Unlocker ( Click on clone or download – save as ZIP )
- System Definicion (To get System Definicion Click here )
Step 1: Installing VMware
Install the VMware workstation player and while installing check the option enhanced keyboard driver ( this driver will allow you to use keyboard in mac )
Step 2: Installing unlocker
Open the unlocker folder and in this folder select ” win-install” file and run it “as administrator”. The win-install file will automatically install and after installing will automatically close the installation window. After installing the VMware workstation and the unlocker restart your computer.
Step 3: Creating virtual machine
- 1. Open the VMware player and select: Create a New Virtual Machine.
- 2. In the next window select: I will install the operating system later.
- 3. In the next window under Guest operating system select Apple Mac OS X and under Version select macOS 10.14.
- 4. In the next window you can change the Virtual Machine Name or you can leave it by default.
- 5. In the next window select Store Virtual Disk as a single file
- 6. In the last window select Finish
- 7. In VMware select the created Virtual Machine and select Edit Virtual Machine Settings.
- 8. In virtual machine settings you can increase the RAM ( 2GB RAM minimum ) and you can set more processor ( 2 cores recommended ) to get more speed in the virtual machine. Do not set the Number of processor cores higher than your physical CPU.
- 9. Select the existing Hard Disk and Remove it
- 10. Now you need to add the Hard Disk again. Select the ADD button, in the first window select Hard Disk and click Next, in second window select SATA ( recommended ), in the next window select Use an existing virtual disk and go Next, in next window click on the Browse button and find and open the macOS Catalina virtual disk image and click Finish. If the VMware ask for converting Virtual Disk select Keep Existing Format ( do not make any converting ).
- 11. Now in Virtual Machine Settings select the Options tab. In Options under Guest Operating System select Microsoft Windows and under Version select Windows 10 x64. Also under Enhanced keyboard select Use if Available ( recommended ). After all is done you can press the OK button.
- 12. Important step. Before you run the Virtual Machine go to Documents – Virtual Machines – macOS 10.14 OR your Virtual Machine Name and select VMware virtual machine configuration and open it via Notepad
In VMware virtual machine configuration scroll down at the bottom and add smc.version = “0” ( or simply copy and paste this command ), after you add this command select File and Save.
Step 4: Installing and setup Virtual Machine
In VMware workstation player select the created Virtual Machine and select Play Virtual Machine.
Now the macOS will cross over automatic installation process.
After macOS finished the installing ( it won’t boot that is normal ) you need to Shut Down the Virtual Machine and close the VMware player.
Open the VMware again and select Edit Virtual Machine Settings, then go in Options and in Options under Guest Operating System select Apple Mac OS X and under Version select macOS 10.14, and click OK.
In VMware select Play Virtual Machine, now the macOS will start loading and after loading all what you need to do is to continue with making your personal settings.
5. Post Install
After installing, setup and boot mac select Player – Manage – Install Vmware Tools.
Now continue with installing the Vmware Tools. While installing Vmware tool will ask for Access. To allow the Vmware tools press the OK button but also you need to Allow the Vmware tools in System Preferences – Security & Privacy ( in Security & Privacy click on the LOCK icon and enter the password ) after making this changes do not restart until the VMware Tools are completely installed.
6. Final Step
After the VMware tools are installed the macOS will work smooth and you can use it in a full screen. But it is not all over. The next step is fixing the system definitions (To get System Definicion Click here ).
Now go in Documents – Virtual Machines – macOS 10.14 or your virtual machine name. In this folder Open the Virtual Machine Configuration file via Notepad and in Notepad search for board-id.reflectHost = “TRUE”. First change board-id.reflectHost = “TRUE” from “TRUE” to “FALSE” board-id.reflectHost = “FALSE”
Then under this line create a free space ( image below )
On the free space copy and paste Wished System Definitions, after pasting System Definitions select File and Save to save the changes in VMware configuration file.
After making those changes back in VMware and run the mac, after boot new system definitions will appear.
And the macOS finally is fully functional.